3.23.2008

Fire

SB, one of the women I work with, wanted a tattoo. Specifically, the kanji for fire flipped and modded just a little is what she requested. It's the crest for her karate dojo, and she wanted it on her upper arm. She was a lot like I was when I first started looking into getting a tattoo. She has a fear of needles, and wasn't really sure she could tolerate getting a tattoo. She didn't decide color until she was here. I was nervous, she was nervous.

She tolerated this admirably well. So did I. And I am now officially a tattooist (accepted money for a tattoo), and I have officially broken the law.






This is the outline. You can see 2 small scratches right above where this is at. That was the dry run. The bluish circle going around the outline (you can see it very faintly) is the edge of the stencil.







Here's the finished product. It's Superior's Sky Blue, even though it looks vaguely black in the picture.






Here's the full-effect finish. And you can really see the scratches in this one. That's what she likened it to... cat scratches. I couldn't agree more.

Outline: 3L, 3/23/08
Fill: 14S, 3/23/08
Subject: SB/Fire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Told her she could do it/was ready....

Sweet said...

I have to say your talents as an artist are very well used in this. Interesting design on this one too :)